The faculty at the library welcomes all new and returning faculty and students back for the fall semester! Hang onto your hats, here we go!
Faculty, and especially our new-to-Colorado faculty, we invite you to join us for a field trip to Colorado’s iconic Red Rocks Amphitheater. This is a short drive from campus offering great views and stories of the geology and artists who performed in this amphitheater. We’ll meet at the Library at 9 am Friday, 9/6, and return between 11 am and noon. Please let us know if you’ll plan to come via this form.
The Library upgraded a core Ebsco academic database to the Academic Search Complete database to foster greater resource exploration!
Library shortcuts: being a small library we all do everything, but for efficiency, here’s who to go to for when you’d like to:
- Schedule a Librarian visit for your class ~ Briana (email@example.com)
- Request a new item ~ Oliver (oschulz)
- Help with database, tutorials and web pages ~ Shane (sratzell) and Brian (bwright)
- Add a Reserve item ~ Michael (mjaman)
- “All other” and Dean of the Library ~ Gayle (ggunderson)
Lastly, here are student’s comments* about Book A Librarian:
- “Every student should do this at least once. They are so helpful!”
- “Great program. Keep it up”
- “Great resource and help for students to have”
- “I had a wonderful experience with Book A Librarian for my research paper. I found it extremely helpful and informative”
- “They saved me hours of work…and showed me how to do it more effectively… I learn more every time I book a Librarian”
*from your course’s student evaluations, spring 2019
The Library is excited to launch the Clifton Fowler Library Exemplary Research Paper Award, CFLERPA, this semester! It is open to current junior and senior undergrad students who are invited to submit a research paper they’ve written during this 2018-2019 academic year. The Library faculty will read, review and select the award winning paper and the student will be announced at the April 30th Awards Chapel. CFLERPA includes a $100 cash award. Please see the library’s CFLERPA page for details.
A new year begins every January in our calendar year. Above is another calendar; the Church Year or Liturgical Year. Our lives and years are marked by our own and our family’s birthdays, anniversaries and special events and celebrations. Likewise, the Church Year marks the life of Christ and the life of the early church and helps us to mark and to remind us of their importance and significance.
We are proud of seven CCU faculty who wonderfully represented CCU by presenting at the Evangelical Theological Society conference in Denver in November! Thank you, Drs. Devore and Kotter, Professor Plato, Drs. Rodriquez, Steward, Waggoner and Watson. Congratulations, faculty!
It’s fall and today in Colorado it’s snowing (Colorado does that)! This fall is a midterm election (Nov 6) and our local ballot is a long one. What’s a citizen and Christian to do? Register to vote (the deadline to register by mail or online is Oct. 29. Residents can register in person by Election Day.) Then vote! But first do your own research and vote as smartly and wisely as you can. Don’t save this to the last minute because this is like homework; especially this year it’ll take some time. Pray before voting. Vote as you see best and fit and not just how another is voting.